Monday, February 13, 2012

Red Lips

This was quite a shoot! It has been quite sometime that me and my officemates have been planning to do a glamour/ fashion shoot just for the heck of it. We are still new to planning photoshoots and there we're quite a few things that had gone wrong =D hahahaha but it was well worth the experience. Jona, had two costume changes but had one look all throughout the pictorial. I personally pick these headshots for you to see the effect of the products used up close.

I chose neutral colors for the eyes to compliment with the strong red lips and used some lush false eyelashes to add something extra special to this shoot.


Here, I used Stila Cosmetics Surprise and Shine Record a Message Palette (hahahaha quite a long product name). The kit itself comes with three eye shadows Nude, Wheat and Espresso and a Convertible Color in Peony which can be used for the cheeks and lips. These compact type makeups are very practical for those that are always on the go but don't want to sacrifice their look. It can be your one stop shop to looking fabulous.
To start, I used a combination of cream and liquid foundation. I kept it very minimal because I wanted her skin to show through and a bit of concelear to hide imperfections. On her eyes, I used Wheat as base on her eyelids, swept some Bronze from Loreal's Beige Harmony quad on top of the base and used Espresso on the Stila palette to draw in some contour. For Jona's lips, I used Revlon's In the Red matte lipstick and  some VS lip shine to do away with her lips looking flat. 
photo courtesy of sephora.com

Stylist: Dan Malinao http://iamdanny-girl.blogspot.com/
Make-up: Aura Mae Alturas http://www.flickr.com/photos/maealturas/
Co-photographer: PeeJay Cadungog http://www.flickr.com/photos/tirapasagad/


Happy Valentines Day 
~Aura~

No comments:

Post a Comment