Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Smokey Cat Eyes


Nikki 

Here is my take on the smokey cat eyes. First off, let me just say that Nikki has very mesmerizing eyes, I was excited to make her up because I know it would compliment this look. Plus this lass knows how to "work it" in front of the camera. Let me ask you, who doesn't love smokey eyes? A lot of girls are intimidated when doing this look. This smokey-eyed look has grown into massive popularity as it is no longer limited to the blacks and greys, it's neutral counterparts have become widely used. When done right, this can be a very sexy and flattering look; when done wrong, this can look like a big black eye or you can end up looking like a raccoon 8-)
Did I mention that there are over 100,000 (bit exaggerated number) how-to-videos on Youtube, to aide you in getting the perfect smokey look for your eye shape.

The trick here is to know how to blend and smudge! 
I won't bore you with the details on how to get this look, I personally prefer to watch video tutorials rather than read the steps on how to get this look. ( LOL ) The trick here is to know how to blend and smudge! Use a primer to make sure that the product adheres to your skin better.
Use a concealer underneath the eyes and over the top of the lids. The tone under and on the eyelids tend to be a bit dark than the rest of the face. A concealer is a very powerful product for everyday use to give you that rested look even when you just woke up from a hangover.
Do remember to curl your eyelashes, apply a generous amount of mascara or apply some false eyelashes to complete the look. 
I will soon be posting the products I used for this pictorial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment